Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Hifonics Brutus BRX amplifiers

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 05:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hifonics Brutus BRX amplifiers

I bought the Brutus BRX 1600.1 D a few weeks ago. And I must say it's a kick butt amplifier. Running it 2 ohm mono right now and I can push it hard without it even breaking a sweat. Doesn't even run hot at all. Runnining 2 Kenwood KFC3013Ps in a 2.0 cu foot sealed box in the cubby. Let's just say they rock, now that they have been broken in. Bass is nice and punchy for rock and country, yet still hits decently low for rap and r&b. Hifonics advertises the wattage 1200 watts at 2 ohm mono and 1600 watts at 1 ohm mono. I have no doubt those numbers are accurate. Very very nice amp and well worth the $200 I paid for it. Best amp I've ever had and I have had some nice Hifonic amps back in the day. Guys, if you're needing a nice amp, you can't go wrong with Hifnoics Brutus BRX.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks to be a good amp for the money. Everything I have read as far as reviews go everyone seams to be very happy with them. Only thing I personally don't like is that the SSF and LPF aren't defeat-able so you can run Active but it's not crucial. Glad your happy with your new amp.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

the thing that really attracts me to these amps (when I can afford them) is that unlike most Hifonics and other Maxxsonics brands, these are actually CEA2006 certified so you can trust they do what they say. For me it's not just about being able to afford the amp, I have to rewire to a 0 gauge power and ground and upgrade to a high output alt at the same time.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

I would love to see what this amp would do with a 2 12 ported box mono out to 1 ohm. It's pretty beastly now.

One good thing about this amp that is is also internally bridged. Makes it nice.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 08-30-2013 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old 08-29-2013, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
the thing that really attracts me to these amps (when I can afford them) is that unlike most Hifonics and other Maxxsonics brands, these are actually CEA2006 certified so you can trust they do what they say. For me it's not just about being able to afford the amp, I have to rewire to a 0 gauge power and ground and upgrade to a high output alt at the same time.
I am running 4 guage power and ground with no problems whatsoever. Not even pulling that much juice it seems. Can slightly dim lights if I jam very hard.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by IrbyBocksnick
I am running 4 guage power and ground with no problems whatsoever. Not even pulling that much juice it seems. Can slightly dim lights if I jam very hard.
I get headlight dimming from even braking when under 1k RPM, I can't even turn the radio up to a good volume without getting dimming let alone showing off, plus I plane to run the 2k watt one (next model above yours) at 1 ohm, upping everything is a requirement for me, frankly it would be dangerous to try to pull that much current thru 4 gauge. plus I'm looking at one of the 4 channels to drive the other speakers and have matching amps, so I'll really need that 0 gauge.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Yah, I could see why you need to go 0 guage. If I ever go with an upgrade on speakers and lower ohm, I will upgrade the electrical system.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Teching In

I agree! Hifonics do generally put out their rated power, mine used to run hot but it just kept chugging. You make me want to get subs again haha

Quick Reply: Hifonics Brutus BRX amplifiers