Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power Windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Windows

I unfortunately had to put my TA in the body shop this week because of somebody backing into me in a parking lot. They had to remove the left door panel at some point during the repairs. When I got in the car I noticed that my power windows weren't working. They said that they weren't working when they started working...which I know is BS, but it also means that they're refusing to fix them.

I've checked the breaker/fuse and pulled the switches and checked the connection and everything looks fine. I'm not sure where else to look. Any ideas where to start?
Old 09-07-2013, 06:33 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Check to see if you have power at the motor connector. They would have had to unplug this and its hard to get back on. If not put back on correctly, it could have popped off and/or be dangling inside the door.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Teching In

I appreciate the help, but that wasn't the problem. I seem to be getting power to the switches, but I'm still getting nothing from the motors. I can't believe that both of my window motors went out at the same time without any warning, but I guess it's possible. Any other ideas?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Did you measure the voltage at the connector that plugs in to the motor? If you have voltage there, then the motor is bad. Testing for power at the switches won't tell you the full story, mainly because the passenger side is wired through two switches and the driver's side is wired through the express down module.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Thanks for your help. Apparently when they unplugged the power window switch they knocked out the ground wire. And for some stupid reason they stuck it into the power door lock connector instead. Now I have to fix the right headlight and turn signal that aren't working...never using this body shop again!

Quick Reply: Power Windows