Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

fog lights dont work

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fog lights dont work

I have a 99 trans am and my fog lights stoped working and the switch on dash will not light up is there something i can look for a quick fix or sugestions what to look for thanks
Old 09-21-2013, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id start by checking the fuses and changing the bulbs.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just checked the fuses all the fuses are good

I swapped both the bulbs out and they still don't work and the switch for the fog lights on the dash does not illuminate any other suggestions I should start looking for thanks

Any suggestions what to.look for,?

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 09-22-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old 09-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

There is no separate fuse for the fog lights anyway - they are protected by the TAIL LPS fuse which covers all the running lights and the dash illumination.

I suspect you have a bad fog light relay in junction box #1 under the hood. Both the fog lights themselves and the ON indicator light are powered by that relay in a Firebird (Camaro fog lights are wired differently). It's simple enough to test... pull out the relay and either swap it with another one from the same box or just use a short piece of wire to connect the brown wire to the purple wire in the relay socket. If the lights work then you know the relay needs to be replaced.

Quick Reply: fog lights dont work