Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

plug to delete antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default plug to delete antenna?

Is there a plug available to delete the power antenna on a Trans am? I would like to relocate my antenna inside the panel in front of the spare tire. I may lose a little reception in the process, but I'm not worried about it. I just want to plug the hole with a flush(ish) plug.
The following users liked this post:
jclimon (07-01-2019)
Old 09-30-2013, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

Get the hole welded up so that it's no longer there. Otherwise if you don't mind the hole being there, just leave the antenna where it is and unplug it so it doesn't go up and down.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:56 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

You'll probably get no reception at all by putting an antenna inside a metal rear fender. You can hide it, but it needs to go in a place where radio waves can get through.

Here are some solutions:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...m-antenna.html

This is how you get it to look "good": https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...haved-you.html
Old 10-01-2013, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who the hell listens to the radio anymore? Just delete the dang thing and you'll never have to see it again.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

The paint and body on the car is perfect so I don't want to weld it up. I didn't know if someone found a plug that would fill the hole semi flush. I did something similar to my 300ZX and put a Silverado antenna in the rear hatch area by the latch. It worked pretty good.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
Who the hell listens to the radio anymore? Just delete the dang thing and you'll never have to see it again.
Kids... You probably watch TV in color, also?

Originally Posted by ENASNI TILLER
The paint and body on the car is perfect so I don't want to weld it up. I didn't know if someone found a plug that would fill the hole semi flush. I did something similar to my 300ZX and put a Silverado antenna in the rear hatch area by the latch. It worked pretty good.
I'd think a plug would look worse than just keeping the antenna down. IMO - Welding the hole up really makes it look perfect:

Quick Reply: plug to delete antenna?