Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with front speaker removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with front speaker removal

Ive just installed my new Alpine 9835 head unit, working great so far. Now i'd like to replace the front door speakers, and tweeters. Can anyone offer some direction as to how to do this.

removing the grill gives me access to the screws that hold the larger speaker in place. But how do I remove the tweeter? theres no screews on the top side. Does it just snap in or are the screws on the bottom side? Do I have to take off the entire plastic door paneling?

Help please.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Launching!

yes, you have to take the entire door panel off, i believe there are instructions on how to do this, just search for door speaker's or something like that in stereo and electronics. I know, i used those instructions. EXTREMELY helpful.

Ok i just looked for the thread i was talking about and couldn't find it. PM me if you want to know detailed instructions on how to take your door off.

Last edited by Frontman; 05-04-2004 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

you are going to have to rewire some stuff, look in the sticky at the top of the forum.