Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CDT speaker separating?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CDT speaker separating?

Hey guys, I bought the CDT HD6 DVC's for my sail panels in the spring of last year. When I installed them I noticed that the mounting ring is starting to separate from the actual boot of the speaker just ever so slightly, so I decided I just should not over tighten it and it would be fine... NOPE!!

It rattles BIG-TIME!!! I'm attaching a picture of it... Is there anything that I should even try, or just get a new speaker?
Attached Thumbnails CDT speaker separating?-20131014_111922.jpg  
Old 10-15-2013, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I have those exact subs in my car, installation was a bit tight, but they're nice & secure. What I did was get one bolt on, screw it in a little, then move on to the next one, screw it a little working my way around the speaker in a clockwise motion tightening each screw a little until they're all tight. If you just tighten one all the way then it won't line up flush and you might get some rattling since they're not secure.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M4N14C
I have those exact subs in my car, installation was a bit tight, but they're nice & secure. What I did was get one bolt on, screw it in a little, then move on to the next one, screw it a little working my way around the speaker in a clockwise motion tightening each screw a little until they're all tight. If you just tighten one all the way then it won't line up flush and you might get some rattling since they're not secure.
Yup, that is how I installed it; I just did not over-tighten the one side that is separating. But I was asking if it is even worth trying fix or should I just breakdown and get a new one? lol

Quick Reply: CDT speaker separating?