Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

signal blinkers dont blink anymore

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 02:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default signal blinkers dont blink anymore

In my 02 TA if I try signaling right the blinker will just stay on and it wont blink. same goes for left. Tried changing the bulb on the right side but same thing as before just lights up no blinking.Whats the cause and solution to this problem? Thanks
Old 10-16-2013, 03:21 AM
TECH Addict

did you change all the bulbs, including the front ones? that asked odds are its the turn signal flasher, they run about 10-15 bucks and can be got at any autoparts store. try your hazards and see if they blink then and let us know.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Launching!

The hazards and turn signals have different flashers. So if hazards work, but turn signal doesn't...then the bulb is ok and you need to change your turn signal flasher.

Remove knee bolster and it is on the right side and clipped onto the metal IP support. Easy swap.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Launching!

Try replacing both sockets entirely moisture likes to get in the housings....first. If that doesnt work try you blinker module the thing that makes the click as your turn signals blink(located under the drivers side part of the dash... worst case scenario its your DRL module ......and all youve done is done preventive maintenance that youll have to do eventually if it wasnt kept in a garage. Sockets are like 3 dollars at a junkyard I found mine in a van as I was randomly passing it by and the blinker module is like 5 - 10 bucks at advanced auto parts

Quick Reply: signal blinkers dont blink anymore