Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 04:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring question

I was reading the stickies for changing head units and was wondering Would there be any difference if I hook the front speakers up with the tweeters leads instead of seperating the speaker. since the tweeter wires are coming straight from the head unit instead of the amp.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

You should go back and read again... in Camaros, ALL speakers (including tweeters) are powered by the Monsoon amp. Only Firebirds have the tweeters wired to the head unit. Both models have high pass filtering in the tweeter wires - from the amp in Camaros, using inline filters in Firebirds - so any speaker you connect will only get high frequency signal.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:44 AM
Teching In

Okay well i'm stomped now I'm only getting real sound from the rear... my front door speakers are whispering with the radio cranked all the way up. So what to do just buy new 2ohm or is there something i'm missing..
Old 10-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

It is likely that your speakers are blown - especially if they are still the factory speakers. However, if you want to be sure, you can pick up the cheapest speaker you can find (Walmart has 6x9 speakers for $9) just for testing. You can connect the speaker in place of the ones that aren't working - even the cheapest speaker will sound better than a blown speaker. That will tell you if the speaker is the problem or if there is a problem with the signal.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Teching In

The speakers aren't blown I just bought all new speakers for that exact reason I don't know maybe its the head unit going bad cause that's the only thing that isn't new

Quick Reply: wiring question