Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Remote starter on 02 sierra i have a problem. professionals are welcome to help

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone i purchased a used 2002 sierra 5.3 about a month ago.the truck already had a remote starter installed. i live in upstate ny and its getting cold out now. my problem is the remote starter works fine when the truck is hot. but when it gets around 35 and below the truck needs an extra second to start like any vehicle.. I need to know how to increase the starter time on the brain.. also their "who ever instaled it" getting the tach signal off the injector.. not sure if i need to increase starter time by a half second or change that tach signal.. seems like the injector would be the wrong place to hook it sense it gets the same pulse cold or warm??? so what do i do?? find a diff tach reference reprogram the box for longer cranking cycle?? obviously i wont use the remote start when its warm out so increasing cranking time wont hurt.. but if i switch the tach reference i have to reprogram.. i have no info on the system at all.. it does have a black buttom on the antenna.

I would like to add the truck cranks over slower when cold like any vehicle..I dont think putting a battery with a higher cca would help any...

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 10-24-2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old 10-24-2013, 08:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Is it the factory remove starter or some aftermarket unit?

If it's an aftermarket unit, you're going to need to find out which one, brand, model, etc; then download the manual and look there.

There's typically lots of ways to program it/install it, and adjust for what you need; but without knowing what make/model, how it's wired, etc; it'll be extremely difficult/impossible to troubleshoot.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing wrong with injector. Need to get model number, make sure it's set for tach, then relearn tach signal
Old 10-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Teching In

I put remote starts in every day.. getting the tach signal at the injector is fine and it sounds like you just need to change your crank time on the remote start

Quick Reply: Remote starter on 02 sierra i have a problem. professionals are welcome to help