Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

P/N For Sail Panel DVC ( 4 Position ) Connector ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default P/N For Sail Panel DVC ( 4 Position ) Connector ?

Hi All,

Well, I finally looked in to my sail panel speakers ( '01 Trans Am ) to see what was going on.

Symptoms were poor mid-bass on one side and speaker rattle on the other side.

So I take off the grills and -- NO right speaker at all ! Apparently, I was simply hearing mid-bass from the hatch speaker on that side. The other side still has the factory speaker -- but it is rattling.

I got some replacement speakers But, I would like to keep the factory harness. This means I need to find the P/N for the Speaker-side connector.

If that isn't available, I may cut off the harness connectors and simply buy whatever 4 position mating connectors I can find. I'd rather NOT go this way.

So... anyone have the P/N for the speaker-side 4 socket connector ( Ideally with pigtail ) that will mate with the factory harness ?

Thanks to any electrical Guru with the answer !

Bob
Old 10-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

My parts manual lists connector part number 12101825 as a 2-prong connector to fit all 97-02 Firebird sail panels so you must need two for each side in a Monsoon system. The part costs about $32 at the dealer or about half that online.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Default Very Close -- Thanks !

Hi, Thanks for your information !

I looked closely at an image I saw on an ebay listing for the 12101825 P/N you found. While it seems to be the correct style, it is indeed only 2 position. I then looked closely at the 1 speaker I have ( no identifying P/N on that connector -- RATS ! ) and it is definitely a four-position mate that is a similar style to what you have listed.

However, as far as I can tell, 2 of the '1825's ( 2 socket cavity ) would not mate with the factory 4 pin harness.

Although similar in style, the locking tab would present a problem if you tried to plug two of these into the factory harness.

I'm pretty certain that your P/N is the correct general style, now that I have compared the eBay image to my single speaker's connector.

Now, I would just need to see if that style is also available in a 4 pin variety.

However, given the fairly steep price of the 2 conductor version, I may just see if I can pick up a used blown-out speaker for cheap and then cannibalize it for the pigtail.

Thanks for your quick reply. I appreciate your help and time !

Bob
Old 10-31-2013, 08:29 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Best I can do for you is it's a 4-pin Metri-Pack 150 series connector item number 1206-4760 (that's not a GM part number). That's from the service manual... there is no 4-pin connector listed in my parts manual. However, it's the same connector used for the hatch area mid/tweeter components so maybe you can find a couple at a junk yard.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Default Good Info !

Hi,

Thanks for the Metri-Pack info.

I have several requests on this board to try and pick up the factory harness from a parts car. That is my preferred solution.

So far 0 out of 4

I am in no hurry so perhaps persistence will pay off. If not, you have offered me another suggestion - which I appreciate !

Thanks again,

Bob

Quick Reply: P/N For Sail Panel DVC ( 4 Position ) Connector ?