Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

"Easy" to install components?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Easy" to install components?

What is a set of decent components (~$200-$250 on ebay) that are a breeze to install in a Firebird? I don't want to cut, fiberglass, modify, etc, just drop them in and wire them up to an amp and rock.

BTW - where do you mount the crossovers? Is there room in the doors or should I put them in the kicks? Also, what kind of speaker wire should I run from the amp (back wall) to the speakers?
Old 05-07-2004, 01:29 AM
Launching!

Well for that kind of money i would recomend the infinity kappa perfect 6.1 component set. Now 01transam installed these in his doors but had to drill his own holes to get them in. I have no idea why he had to do this but whatever. I've heard these infinity components in 3 different cars and they always sound fantastic. If i had the money i would have these instead of my alpine type s components. As for mounting the crossovers, i couldn't find a good place so i got myself some industrial strength velcro from home depot and velcroed the crossovers to the bottom of the door on the inside about 2mm beneath the window. Fits like a damn glove and it ain't goin no where! (pardon my redneck speak) As for speaker wire i would run 16 AWG. In fact i am going to run either 16 or 12, haven't decided yet.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Focal 165V2's. There is plenty of room in the kicks or under the dash for the crossovers. 12awg speaker wire is overkill. 16awg is plenty.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by firebirdude
Focal 165V2's. There is plenty of room in the kicks or under the dash for the crossovers. 12awg speaker wire is overkill. 16awg is plenty.
Do the Focal tweeters drop right into the stock tweeter mounts?
Old 05-28-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Frontman
Well for that kind of money i would recomend the infinity kappa perfect 6.1 component set.
...I love my set I installed in my Z28....