Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help.

Hello, I drive a 2000 camaro z28. I'm having problems with electrical interference with my sound system. I currently have a wideband o2 gauge in the lower console in the little compartment in front of the shifter. The hot wire for the wideband is plugged into the fuse panel by the driver side door. My RCA cable is ran on the left side of the cabin and the amp. power wire is ran on the right side. When I have my RCA cables plugged into the amp for the front speakers there is alot of interference and noise, but when i have them plugged into the amp for the rear speakers there is no noise. I believe this eliminates the RCA as the issue, but can not be sure. I originally thought the problem was that the wideband is causing interference with the RCA cables but is it possible that it is causing the interference with the speaker wire ran to the front speakers? And what can I do to remedy this without having to move my wideband to another location.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speaker wire and RCA wires can both be effected by power wires, how much depends on the power being pulled thru the wire, best practice is to avoid running them together and if they have to cross over each other do so at a 90 degree angle. That said, you say when you move the RCA's to the rear input on the amp there is no noise, are you also moving the front speaker wires to the rear output on the amp, if so then it is possible there is something wrong with the filters for the front channels on the amp, 4 channel amps tend to keep the front and rear channels on totally separate sets of filters.

Quick Reply: Please help.