Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Front Monsoon speakers are popping???

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front Monsoon speakers are popping???

It first started with the passenger side speaker and now it's both fronts are these speakers that cheap that they blow out with only 31XXX miles on the my car ? How much will some replacement fronts run me? I just can't believe they blew this fast monsoon my *** ?????
Old 12-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Miles have nothing to do with speaker life. Your car is 11 years old - that's what takes the toll on the speakers. The paper cones and/or the foam surrounds deteriorate due to years of heat and cold. Another part of the problem is that the factory head unit puts out a huge amount of distortion at higher volume which is death to any speaker - anything over half volume with a factory HU will kill the speakers very quickly.

Check out replacement speakers at our sponsors Kee Audio and Double D Mods. They have reasonably priced speakers chosen to work well with the Monsoon configuration and actually improve the sound quality over stock.

Quick Reply: Front Monsoon speakers are popping???