Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Do I need more than 1 stereo interface?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do I need more than 1 stereo interface?

Santa brought me a new JVC head unit KW-R800BT for my 2007 Monte. Also left the PAC GM1416 interface in my stocking., . Currently I run the stock headunit, and about 4 yrs ago I added an amp with 4 new speakers.
This interface seems to be used for the stock head unit when adding an amp, but this interface doesn't fit JVC plug.
So I'm thinking of trying the following: return the PAC GM1416.
Purchase the RP4-GM31 to retain all chimes and steering wheel controls.
Utilize the the RCA outputs on the back of the head unit to feed the amp and from the amp feed the speakers.
Or will I need another interface for the amp?
I believe the RCA outputs on the head unit are line level and not speaker outputs. The harness for the headunit does show the speaker wires.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes return the PAC unit you have now and get the other one specific to jvc hu's if you want to keep your door chimes and steering wheel controls. Your going to need to pull the stock CD player and get yourself a wire harness to connect to the jvc hu harness as well as a dash kit.

It sounds like you have a line output converter hooked up to your amp now, by using the hu you will get a much better sound unless you have a lc8 or some other quality line driver.

Quick Reply: Do I need more than 1 stereo interface?