Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

interior lights don't turn off

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior lights don't turn off

I just replaced the battery on my car and now the interior lights do not turn off. The BCM is also clicking about every 10 seconds. It's not the door sensor. I unplugged the dimmer switch and it seemed to fix the problem until I started the car and then the lights wouldn't turn off... Could this be caused by a bad bcm?
Old 02-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Teching In

It could be as simple as your trunk latch.. this happened to me once. It could be that the bcm needs replacing. The problems could be separate but unlikely. Did it all start immediately after the battery swap?
Old 07-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Default Interior lights staying on

I bought a 2000 Trans am. I am having a similar issue. The map lights will not shut off until about 10 minutes after i turn the car off and pull the key from the ignition. I assume that means my BCM is working fine? The car is in the shop for Trans. work. So I am just looking ahead of getting info on how to fix this next issue with my map lights. the dom light in the back doesnt work I think its just because the bulb needs to be replaced. Who knows. If its a door sensor or trunk sensor is it pretty easy to fix/replace?
Old 09-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Did you ever find a solution?
Old 09-17-2014, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Turned out to be really stupid issue and I just luckily figured it out. the interior light right above the rear seats was grounding out, the little tabs the bulb mounts to were touching the metal body of the car.

Quick Reply: interior lights don't turn off