Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Head Unit Wiring Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Unit Wiring Problem

I have a Pioneer AVH-1400DVD head unit and I can't for the life of me remember how to hook up the remote wire from the amp to the head unit so I can power off the amp from the head unit. I had it connected last summer but decided to remove it and now I'm re-installing it. I tried connecting it to the remote wire on the HU, but that is connected to the antenna wire on the harness to the car. For some reason this setup doesn't work for me and the amp stays on all the time (until I turn the HU or the car off). Any help for this simple problem will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trizzy
For some reason this setup doesn't work for me and the amp stays on all the time (until I turn the HU or the car off).
The blue wire with the white stripe is the remote lead wire, which you know. It's doing what it's supposed to do - with the wires hooked up, the amp turns on/off with the head unit. Not sure if you're trying to do something different?

Quick Reply: Head Unit Wiring Problem