Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Curious on seal and peal prepping

Old 03-02-2014, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curious on seal and peal prepping

Ok, so I'm getting car back to daily driver status...
I've ordered a new really nice HU from Alpine and supporting connections/install kits. Got some Bazooka 6.5" sail's coming from Kee audio to replace some blown ones. Got some different LCA's coming from Founders that aren't rod-ended and noisy. Last but not least I am looking to install some seal and peal(I know not dynamat, but I can deal with smell if there till it fades) in the trunk/axle area and doors, maybe sails. Question is:

How hard is going to be to remove everything in the trunk area to lay this stuff down? Too friggin cold and sleeting here today to go out and snoop around so I am just planning ahead. I want to plan out my morning before I head off to work. I am really looking to lessen some of the noises coming in that are just really annoying. I can tell I am starting to get old lol. Either wayI am terrified about doing the doors since on the driver side I have had nothing but trouble keeping that window aligned. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I did this a couple months back.

Interior panels aren't too difficult to remove, and the trunk area is pretty straightforward. Side panels with the speakers come off after you unlock the three screws then simply unplug the speaker assembly. T-top holder has 4 bolts that keeps it in place. After that the trunk is pretty much empty.

Doors are fine, you don't have to mess with the window at all.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

How did you remove the sail panels? I'm suspecting there are screws under the coat hooks, but I couldn't figure out how to remove them.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DamonZ28
How did you remove the sail panels? I'm suspecting there are screws under the coat hooks, but I couldn't figure out how to remove them.
NOPE, the coat hanger functions like a plastic rivet, pull out that center section far enough and the whole coat hanger comes out.

To the OP, I would suggest waiting for much warmer weather, even on the package of Peal-n-Seal it says NOT to apply it in temps below 50 degrees Fahrenheit, the warmer out is is the easier it will be to work with, also be sure to clean the surface your applying to for best adhesion.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

oh yes I am definitely waiting until warmer weather... This bipolar TX weather is driving me crazy. Just had ac system completely redone. Yesterday, got to enjoy it for the first time in three years since it was 80 degrees out. Today? 25 with sleet and snow lol. But yea I am just planning ahead... I tend to like to know what I am about to get into

and M4N14C...that looks amazing! I wish I had the attention span to tear everything out like that

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Curious on seal and peal prepping