Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

1:00 displayed and only 98.1 will tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1:00 displayed and only 98.1 will tune

Hey yall,
just like the title says, my 01 Camaro monsoon radio worked just fine from the day I bought the car in Oct '01 until after sitting in storage for a year while I was in the 'stan. The in dash CD player works just fine, all speakers work and sounds fine. the factory 12 disk changer in the back is jacked up but I think its just old. Ever time the car is off for a while the radio will read 1:00, i can program it and sometimes it stays the correct time and sometimes it goes back to one. Every time I turn the radio on it is tuned to 98.1 and if you try and change the station nothing comes in, just static.
Any advise or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, it seems that when I go over some hard bumps when Im driving the SES light flashes on but it corresponds to the bump. Doesn't do it all the time but sometimes. Also, when I tried to get the emmisions inspection I get "Not Ready" and I have driven the car about 400 miles since being back. I heard that the PCM might have a "battery" that might just be old. Don't know about that.

01 Camaro factory monsoon
Old 05-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one has had anything like this?!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

This is weird.

The car battery powers this stuff while you aren't using the car. I wonder if there is a loose wire that is causing you the problems on bumps and is what is causing the radio to reset. I just don't recall my radio acting like this with the power disconnected...

Quick Reply: 1:00 displayed and only 98.1 will tune