Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Question for those who installed a factory 12 disc

Old 05-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question for those who installed a factory 12 disc

I know many of you had installed a factory 12 disc into your monsoon if your car didn't come with one. My question is, did you have to plug the disc changer into your head unit? I know the wire plug harness is located on the drivers side, and I plugged in the used unit I purchased and it doesn't seem like it is getting any power. I hit the play/cd button twice and tried everything I know, do I have to pop off the front plate and check to see if it is connected! And ya, the cartridge is still stuck, I'm hoping some power will make it eject. Any wisdom out there for me? How did you install it?
Old 05-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

It should just plug in at the back of the car. The other end of the harness is already plugged in to the back of the radio unless somebody unplugged it for some reason.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, power will make it eject. I had a few problems with mine because the screws I used to connect the mounting bracket to the changer were too long. This caused the CDs to not feed, and thus it wouldn't play. There should be power coming from the wire bundle in the rear hatch of your car, so if it's not working you may have gotten a bum changer.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:16 AM
Launching!

Thanks Gents,
I guess I'm sending it back! Talk about a frustrating thng though!

Search this Thread