Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kee Audio package 2 or 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 04:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kee Audio package 2 or 3

I'm going to be replacing the speakers in my car so I did doing some reading and it looks like Kee Audio has some pretty awesome packages available. I've read the descriptions on their website but I just want a better explanation of why the 3rd package is better than the 2nd. My car is a 98 TA with stock HU that I don't plan on replacing so i think the 4th package might be a bit too much.

If anyone has experience with some of these packages I would like some input to help me make my decision. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...-vs-500-a.html
Old 06-15-2014, 02:45 AM
On The Tree

I've actually already read that one but thanks. After looking at it again though I'm pretty set on the 3rd package.

I was thinking about maybe adding a sub to the set up also. I was looking at the one from WS6 store but haven't heard anyone really mention that one. Should I even bother with a sub since I'm replacing the sound system?
Old 06-15-2014, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I was in your exact spot about a year ago. Speaker blew and thought it was a good time to upgrade the entire system. I ended up getting the Kee Level 3, a new head unit and a stealth sub. Level 3 is great since it works great with stock system and still gives you the option to upgrade monsoon amp if you want.

I looked at the MTX ThunderForm sub on ws6store it's way overpriced. You're paying $500 for a 200-watt sub. I was able to get a 500-watt sub for just under $400 wiring and everything. And a sub defiantly completes the Monsoon sound system, especially if you like listening to hard hitting music.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by M4N14C
I was in your exact spot about a year ago. Speaker blew and thought it was a good time to upgrade the entire system. I ended up getting the Kee Level 3, a new head unit and a stealth sub. Level 3 is great since it works great with stock system and still gives you the option to upgrade monsoon amp if you want.

I looked at the MTX ThunderForm sub on ws6store it's way overpriced. You're paying $500 for a 200-watt sub. I was able to get a 500-watt sub for just under $400 wiring and everything. And a sub defiantly completes the Monsoon sound system, especially if you like listening to hard hitting music.
Did you get your Sub and head unit from Kee too? I saw that he offers packages for those so I'll most likely be ordering everything from Kee Audio.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

When I ordered, Kee only had a small 200 watt sub or something available so I ordered my stuff from Amazon. But now I looked and seems like he added and new better sub, I'd say go for it.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Default recommend level 3

I went for the level 3 and was happy (almost). I like my music louder than most and wanted that last chest thump that our stock speakers just won't give. To complete the system I added two JBL500Watt 10" subs and the music goes high enough to hurt, with no distortion from any of the speakers. The level 3 speakers handle the high volume just fine. Now I'm happy... go for the level 3, I don't think you'll be disappointed. And you can get answers from Ian just about any time, the support was great.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

You running OE HU and amp.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
Late as hell, but yes I am.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I got everything from Kee and I'm super happy with all of it. I'm very impressed with the CDT speakers.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
Would an after market head unit and amp be a big improvement with the system I have installed. I just want to see if there is more untapped potential that I'm not taking advantage of.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:42 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Yes, an aftermarket head unit will make a significant difference in sound quality. That would be the first thing you should consider for your next upgrade. It will work very well with the stock amp so you can leave replacing the amp for a future upgrade. If you want more bass, you can add a sub (usually a stealthbox) without significant rewiring.

Once you've done that, if you still want more power then you can go the "replace the amp and rewire the car" route. But many members here have been very pleased with the results of a HU upgrade (and perhaps a sub) so you can save money and time if you find you like the sound.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a Lvl 2 system about a year ago and at first thought it was great. Going from the OE speakers with half of them blown, it really was. But as I got used to it, I of course noticed the flaws.

Most importantly are the common rattles and vibrations from all the plastic panels. This isn't an issue with the system, it's only inhanced by it. Along with the road noise that I don't really notice, but when I go from the highway to a stoplight, suddenly the stereo seems a bit loud. So road noise and exhaust play a role. For this, I will be adding sound deadener next and trying to secure any loose paneling.

Next is the only downfall of the Lvl 2 IMO. Though to be fair, this is why there are differant lvls in the first place. The front componate speakers aren't the best for the whole package. I don't mean to say there bad, because there not. However, when turned up fairly loud they tend to distort. The vocals get drowned out and with the only other clear vocals being from the hatch, this kind of sucks. I'm sure sound deadening will help, but I'll likely be adding the better speaking from the Lvl 3 kit to the doors.

So basically, I'd suggest the LVL 3 system. Be sure to take whatever little step possible to improve the sound, such as sound deadening. It's tedious work I know, but it's a little thing that will go a long way. In all honesty I think the sail subs provide plenty of bass on there own. There simply overshadowed by road noise and all the vibration and rattle from the plastic panels. When I turn the car off and the radio is still on, most of the interfering noises are gone and those 6.5 subs hit pretty damn hard.

Quick Reply: Kee Audio package 2 or 3