Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best DDIN headunits?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best DDIN headunits?

Hey guys, Im in the market for a DDIN headunit. I had an old pioneer single din headunit that was great, but finally died. I put the stock headunit back in until i bought a DDIN unit. My favorite feature about the pioneer was that it had the USB input in the back and ran it into the glovebox. Which ever headunit would need to have the usb in the back of the unit, I hate having it stick out in the front.

What are the best units for the money currently? Ive never owned a DDIN before, so im in the dark about which ones are worth the money. Definetly has to be a touchscreen. Im partial to Pioneer, but would like some opinions before I impulse buy!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Generally, Pioneer and Kenwood are considered the leaders in double DIN head units these days. Alpine makes some nice equipment and then there's Sony if you're not too particular. I've heard some good things about JVC but you may want to check with our sponsor Kee Audio because I've also heard that not all of the JVC units are good.

The ones to avoid are off-brands like Pyle, Boss and some of the unlabeled Android units you might see on eBay.

But if you are already partial to Pioneer, I'd start looking there...they have the rear USB you want and lots of features and options.

Don't forget to include a modified bezel in your budget.

Quick Reply: Best DDIN headunits?