Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

power window issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power window issue

last week I had my drivers side window down when I was out for a drive, and when I came home it wouldn't go back up, so I removed the switch plate from the door panel, pushed on the harness and the window went back up. Fast forward to today, I thought the switch might be going out so I ordered some new ones from hawks 3rd generation, and installed them today, the switches seemed to be too big as when I pushed the switch to put the window back up the switch got stuck in the switch plate and when the window got to the top, it made this God awful noise, similar to what the sound of a Firebirds headlight motor going out, like a small jackhammer. I put the old switch back in and tried it and the window lowered about an inch and made that headlight motor noise and then the window would not go up or down. Finally went out, hit the "up" button with one hand grabbed the window with the other and pulled hard and the window went up (big worry was it being down and raining ) anything I should be on the lookout for to replace? Thanks
Old 07-31-2014, 08:55 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

That sound happens when someone replaces the motor-to-regulator rivets with bolts/nuts and they come loose.

Take door panel off, tighten nuts/bolts, all set.

Quick Reply: power window issue