Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power Wire for Amp.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Wire for Amp.

What is the best route for the power wire from the battery to the rear of the car? I figured I would ask here before I tore into the car trying to find the best path. I am installing a #4, and it is a little stiff but still flexible.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

most people run it though the grommet by the pcm and under the passenger kick panel.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
most people run it though the grommet by the pcm and under the passenger kick panel.
That's what I did. But sure is a pain when you have the traction control module behind the PCM as we'll. But, the wires are in and waiting for the amp.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
Just did mine yesterday. You need small hands but it is the best route.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill2002
That's what I did. But sure is a pain when you have the traction control module behind the PCM as we'll. But, the wires are in and waiting for the amp.
Glad I wired the amp before relocating TCS, took me 30 min just to shove the PCM back in place after securing TCS module
Old 08-19-2014, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by M4N14C
Glad I wired the amp before relocating TCS, took me 30 min just to shove the PCM back in place after securing TCS module
Trust me when I say it was easier the second time. The first time I tried I spent awhile trying to get the PCM back in because the TCS kept falling back down in the way. I tried to tie it up out of the way with zero luck. So it is just sitting there behind the PCM not tied to anything.

One thing I don't like, is there is no room behind the trim piece along the door. You can't really tell unless you really look, but still don't like the way there is no room for the cable.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill2002
Trust me when I say it was easier the second time. The first time I tried I spent awhile trying to get the PCM back in because the TCS kept falling back down in the way. I tried to tie it up out of the way with zero luck. So it is just sitting there behind the PCM not tied to anything.

One thing I don't like, is there is no room behind the trim piece along the door. You can't really tell unless you really look, but still don't like the way there is no room for the cable.
Hope it's easier the 2nd time, I want to get a mail order tune but I don't want to remove the PCM

Don't think my amp wire goes behind the trim piece but under the carpet along the door then through the sails to the hatch.

Quick Reply: Power Wire for Amp.