Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Amp is installed.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp is installed.

I got the AMP all wired up this weekend. Now I have to wait for my neighbor to make the box. I like this install, won't see anything but the 2 speaker wires going to the box. Mounting the box in the same spot as the tie down holes. This way, no holes will be drilled in the carpet.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

So no more spare tire? The only problem I could forsee is the amp overheating on a hot day when you are really jamming out with the music pumping. There wont be any air circulation in that location. I do like the idea of it being hidden and stealth though. I made up an amp rack 10+ years ago, then mounted it on the opposite side of the taillight location. That way I can still drop in my t-tops when im topless and the amps have plenty of fresh air to stay cool.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

I don't drive the car to much. But I did think about the cooling issue. I thought about cutting some vent holes in the panel down at the bottom so it can't be seen that well. Make them look like a grill, about 6" to 9" long and probably a 1/8" big. Just something to let a little bit of air escape.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bill2002
I don't drive the car to much. But I did think about the cooling issue. I thought about cutting some vent holes in the panel down at the bottom so it can't be seen that well. Make them look like a grill, about 6" to 9" long and probably a 1/8" big. Just something to let a little bit of air escape.
just wire in a computer case fan to blow air over the amp.

can't help but notice the you used some cheap audio/video rca's (I see the yellow one hanging there), I would suggest getting better RCA's that are shielded and meant for use in car audio.

just a question, are your RCA's and power ran on the same side of the car? if so reroute the RCA's, as a general rule RCA's and power lines should be kept as far away from each other as practical and if they have to cross need to do so at as close to a 90 degree angle as possible to reduce interference in the system.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

I thought about a fan to. I'll wait and see how warm the amp gets. The RCA plug goes behind the amp to a RCA adapter. I will change to a higher grade later, I just wanted to make sure everything worked. The only wires going to the front of the car are the power wire to the battery and the wire going to the fuse block for power.

Quick Reply: Amp is installed.