Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Prepping for Raammat installation (Sound Deadner)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Prepping for Raammat installation (Sound Deadner)

I just started stripping the interior out of my 2001 trans am. Going to install the the insolite IUO Foam & and the Raammat bxt II when it arrives. Does anyone have any tips on the installation? Any places I should avoid that will cause the carpet or panels to not reinstall very easily? (other than the obvious screw & bolt holes) Are there any noisy areas that need double layers of foam? They have pretty good instructions on tthere website but thought I would see what you guys have experienced.
Attached Thumbnails Prepping for Raammat installation (Sound Deadner)-aa.jpg   Prepping for Raammat installation (Sound Deadner)-aaa.jpg  
Old 08-26-2014, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Did this last year. Great project but it is very time consuming so don't make any plans for the next few days

Definitely focus on the doors, you want to cover every inch. After that is the hatch. Carpet installation shouldn't be an issue. Good luck!
Old 08-27-2014, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

as mentioned hit the doors well. but be careful around the edges, and contact points where the door panel is against the door, too thick will cause trouble putting panel back on. same around edges of al panels and trim. its forgiving but only so much.
also the rear seatbacks and hump behind rear seats u can double up, helps keep exhaust in mine down and cut drone signifigantly.
a roller is a must, but i got a 3 dollar wallpaper roller, did 3 cars and its still going.
last note, i did double behind and around speakers, and it killed all the rattles they had.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

Sweet thanks guys
Old 08-27-2014, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets not forget surface prep, make sure the panels are clean and free of dirt and debris to allow for best adhesion.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

yeah most of the places i found were clean, but cleaning will help it adhere well. and on that note, the warmer the better. 80 degrees its nive and pliable, if its 50 out it starts to stiffen up. not an issue here in ohio now tho
Old 08-28-2014, 04:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDEP162
yeah most of the places i found were clean, but cleaning will help it adhere well. and on that note, the warmer the better. 80 degrees its nive and pliable, if its 50 out it starts to stiffen up. not an issue here in ohio now tho
I would have added that part too, but its still plenty hot out most everywhere right now, now if this thread (or when the next one comes up in a few months) had been started when it was cold out then I would have added that part.

Quick Reply: Prepping for Raammat installation (Sound Deadner)