Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with speaker wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with speaker wiring.

I know jack about wiring speakers. Here's my situation. I have a 2001 Pontiac Formula w/ Monsoon system. I've gone the doubledin route and kept the factory amp.

It's been about 2 yrs since i removed the old speakers and i've finally got to the point to do the sound system. But i can't remember what the old speakers look like.

My issue is for example in the hatch area there is two wires for the left tweeter and two wires for the left mid. However, my speaker that i bought only has one positive and one negative but is a two way speaker with tweeter and mid in one unit. What can i do?
Old 09-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so i went ahead and tested the speakers out and they performed the same way whether connected to the designated tweeter wires or the mid range wires. I even connected two speakers at the same time, one speaker connected to the tweeter wires and the other speaker connected to the mid wires and both speakers sounded identical.

So moving on i have the subs that were located in the sail panels. What do you recommend i use to replace these speakers? I see the old ones have two sets of wires going to the speakers. Since i have the mids and highs taken care of, i want some bass to make everything sound good. All while using the factory amp and wires. Thanks.

Last edited by notnilc20; 09-17-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:53 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Please read the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section.

Quick Reply: Help with speaker wiring.