Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

double din firebird. which metra mounting kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I've searched, but found different answers and most threads said just make your own. I bought 95-2001 which is all wrong. Suggestions or point me to a link? Thanks

Also, I ordered the double d bezel if that helps assist which to get

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 09-26-2014 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old 09-25-2014, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02BlueFirehawk
Yes I've searched, but found different answers and most threads said just make your own. I bought 95-2001 which is all wrong. Suggestions or point me to a link? Thanks
the reason the threads say to make your own is because (unless something new has come to market recently) there is NOT an off the shelf mount, since these cars where NEVER designed to be Double Din to start with. And until Metra does for birds whats it did for the camaros (double din dash kit) there won't be, I read on here they where developing the dash plate for the birds but don't know what kind of ETA it is.

Double D Mods are the guys that will know, maybe they have developed something.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been searching ls1tech since my original post. I've also reached out to Double D since I ordered their bezel and they have stated they'll include brackets.

In the mean time I found that people use the side brackets out of http://www.metraonline.com/part/GM_Dash_kit_95-3305

I'm going to put this on the back burner and be patient. For additional reference, I ordered a JVC KW-V20BT.

Quick Reply: double din firebird. which metra mounting kit?