Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone still make wooden mounts to replace the 4th gen door speaker "bracket"

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone still make wooden mounts to replace the 4th gen door speaker "bracket"

I'm sick of mine rattling. These were a really crappy design in the first place, IMO. I had a 94 Z28, and my current 98 Z28, and with both of them, you could pull up about 1/4" on the bottom inside edge. It's like they needed an extra screw. I was going to just silicone the edge of the opening, but I'd rather have something more permanent.

The replacements don't have to be made of wood, but any other durable material that will cover the factory shape in the doors.

Also, any other suggestions for how to get decent midbass out of these doors would be appreciated. I have the Monsoon system. I ordered a pair of Bi-Ampable coaxials, and I'm hoping I'll see an improvement over my current hacked Alpine SWE's. I rewired tweeter connection, but stupidly left the capacitor on the tweeter. I doubt double crossed over tweeters should sound right.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

You probably would get better sound out of replacement components like the CDTs that Kee Audio sells rather than modified coaxials.

Quick Reply: Anyone still make wooden mounts to replace the 4th gen door speaker "bracket"