Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Drl install question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drl install question

I have a 96 firebird, I want to add drls like the 97+ cars. I have done a lot of research and havent come up with much. I want the install and operation to be as close to factory as possible. I also have a 97 parts car. So sort of swapping dash harnesses what other options do I have?
Old 10-11-2014, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

I used to have a 94 Camaro and did mine. it consisted of tapping into the turn signal wire on both sides and bridging it with a resistor and a few other things. Let me see if I can find the article its been a long time since I did it. It also incorporated a toggle switch to turn them on and off at will.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The easy way is to buy the DRL-1 module from webelectricproducts.com. Their module is small, simple to connect (as long as you have enough wiring experience to install say an aftermarket radio) and will give you DRL function just like the factory setup. Best of all, it's only $39.

I have bought several different modules from them including sequential turn signals for the Trans Am and found their products are well designed. My only concern is their fondness for using wire nuts for connections - please use something more solid like solder and heat shrink or at least crimp-on connectors.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The easy way is to buy the DRL-1 module from webelectricproducts.com. Their module is small, simple to connect (as long as you have enough wiring experience to install say an aftermarket radio) and will give you DRL function just like the factory setup. Best of all, it's only $39.

I have bought several different modules from them including sequential turn signals for the Trans Am and found their products are well designed. My only concern is their fondness for using wire nuts for connections - please use something more solid like solder and heat shrink or at least crimp-on connectors.
I've used them as well on my old 1993 Z28 and 1991 Corvette. Both times the kit worked flawlessly.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TechCam97
I've used them as well on my old 1993 Z28 and 1991 Corvette. Both times the kit worked flawlessly.
I found that kit while doing my research part # drl 1c4 ordered. Thanks everyone.

Quick Reply: Drl install question