Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Suggestions for mounting CDT tweeters in 6LE pods?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suggestions for mounting CDT tweeters in 6LE pods?

Hey guys...

I have a pair of the 6LE tweeter pods. (Not used yet) I recently got a pair of CDT HD-62CF component speakers and I was looking at how the tweeters would have to mount in the pods.

Unfortunately the mounting doesn't seem like it will be as straightforward as I had hoped due to the design of the CDT tweeter cups... I don't want to just start cutting up my pods/tweeter cups and end up ruining them.

The situation is this...

Flush mount cup is much larger (overlaps) the pod, and just looks dumb:

There is a smaller mounting cup, but it is much deeper and I would have to cut the pods and I guess epoxy the cup into the pod (where it would stick out a bit)? I'm unsure that I could get a solid grip though:

Also, there is the bare tweeter itself... it is just barely larger than the pod opening, however I would have no way to secure it, and would have to invent some other kind of mounting solution:

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-23-2015, 09:10 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cut them. If it doesn't work just e-mail me and I'll send you another set for free. This way if it does work we'll all know this new option
Old 01-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OR, if you want to send those back I could send you some UNCUT ones that you could cut yourself to the exact size you need.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Cut them. If it doesn't work just e-mail me and I'll send you another set for free. This way if it does work we'll all know this new option
Thanks!

I cut them just a tiny bit and I managed to get the bare tweeter to kind of 'snap' in from inside. So I think this will work best and result in the least amount of epoxy/etc required.

I'll update the thread again once I get something working for sure.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

This is what I ended up with... After slightly enlarging the holes, I managed to get the tweeters to sort of 'snap' in from behind, and then I just needed something to support them from behind so they weren't too loose. Ended up using a little right-angle piece of plastic (actually a cable staple) and some glue.

Anyway, pretty happy with the results!

Quick Reply: Suggestions for mounting CDT tweeters in 6LE pods?