Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

every time i open my door the hatch unlocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Default every time i open my door the hatch unlocks

hi all,
i just noticed this and i have no idea what is happening. the car is a 1995 z28. i noticed that every time i open my door, i hear the back hatch unlock. i have no idea where to start to look. the electric lock/unlock button on the door havent worked as well as the lock/unlock buttons on the fob. the trunk unlock on the fob does work. i have done some wiring to the car but nothing that messed with the lock/unlock functions. anyone have any ideas or what to do??
Old 01-24-2015, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, what wiring did you work on? May help set the direction. Sounds like there may be a blown fuse and something is back feeding either through the BCM or a ground.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wired in a mallory ignition box. Nitrous system and electronic cutout. It didnt do it when I wired all of that in. It just started doing that. I have the box off using the bypass connector and the nitrous is not on. The box draws power directly from the battery as well as the nitrous. The cutout is getting power from the auxiliary power wires that came in the harness in the 95 camaros
Old 01-25-2015, 09:25 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it had one but was removed.

little update: i noticed that when i hit the lock/unlock button on the fob, the interior lights come on, and i can hear the relay click but the locks dont move. when i did this the trunk didnt unlock itself when i opened the door or when i moved the shifter pasted neutral.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:15 PM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by Cajun ELESS-ONE
it had one but was removed.
The F-Body battlefield is littered with electrical problems related to aftermarket alarm removal. I'd start there and make sure the connections are proper and that there aren't any old components from that causing you problems. (Or re-connected wires that are shorting or come loose, etc.)

The BCM controls the unlock, door ajar, and hatch functions and it would be rare for the BCM to act up in this way.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:15 AM
12 Second Club

Dont worry about this little issue. JUST
Old 01-27-2015, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wssix99
The F-Body battlefield is littered with electrical problems related to aftermarket alarm removal. I'd start there and make sure the connections are proper and that there aren't any old components from that causing you problems. (Or re-connected wires that are shorting or come loose, etc.)

The BCM controls the unlock, door ajar, and hatch functions and it would be rare for the BCM to act up in this way.
After reviewing the diagram, this make the most sense.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when the alarm was removed, they cut all the wires used so there would be no confusion what the wire goes to. i did notice that when i hit the unlock button on the fob, i dont hear the hatch open. it hasnt done that in the last few days.

i dont have anyway of knowing what wires go to where, or what connections were cut. i think im just gonna deal with not using the fob. i have no idea where to start.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Save the manuals!

It's essentially electrician's work. You'll need the wiring diagrams, testing tools, and the tracing skills to find out what's wrong.

If they cut the aftermarket wires out, you might be able to find the issue by making sure nothing is loose and all the colors match, although I'd expect they would need some makeup wire in there (possibly a mystery color) and some of the wire colors are used multiple times or are for different gauges of wire.

The whole exercise could be easy or it could be very difficult.

Quick Reply: every time i open my door the hatch unlocks