Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

sunthump stealth box issue and correct sub for that type of box please help

Old 05-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunthump stealth box issue and correct sub for that type of box please help

ok so i was talking to somebody on lt1ls1 and they refered me to come here because he said there are people hear that know stuff about that box and subs. i have a 97 trans am with a subthump stealth box on the drivers side and an infinity kappa 100.9 10 inch sub in the box. my one freind told me that box is to small in that corner and wont produce good sound but was told otherwise by guy on lt1ls1. So with that subthump box what is a good sub that would work perfectly in that box? im using a jvc 800 watt monoblock to power the sub which is rated at 400 rms at 2 ohms which is what im running the sub at. also when i push the infinity in i can hear air when pushing it in. so suggestions on correct subs for that size box and or amp opinions thankyou so much.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That sub enclosure is .60 cu.in.. The minimum recommended for that sub is .75 cu.in. .
Do you already have about .6 lbs of polyfil in in your stealth box..?
If not, I'd highly recommend trying that first. It'll fool your sub into thinking it's in a slightly larger enclosure, which should help improve the low bass output some.
FYI, the Alpine SWR-10D4 can handle 1000rms, and needs a minimum of .48 cu.in., but I can't verify the fit, or if it will make much difference in low bass output.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 05-11-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sub thump recommends mtx is that good or bad sub

so i also msgd the people who made the box subthump and there reply was to get the mtx fpr10 shallow mount sub said that its a really good sub for this box. is that correct is that the best route to go is the mtx a good sub that would produce good bass. are shallow mount subs the way to go. also i do think someting is wrong with the sub because when i first hooked it up with a differnt amp i remember it sounded better then the amp cut out and alls i could hear from the sub was a small bass noise with vibrating. now that i hooked up new amp it has bass but its all muddy crappy sounding and sounds worse then when i had a 12 inch pioneer in my other car. are there any subs you can recommend for that box. is the infinty kappa a good sub if i added poly fil. or do think the mtx would be the best. the alpine is really close but would it sound good using a 400 watt rms amp. what im looking for is clean crisp punchy bass that sounds good on rap songs and also sounds good and fairly punchy on rock songs. thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sunthump stealth box issue and correct sub for that type of box please help