Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

any decent options for door speakers besides cdt??? camaro with monsoon

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default any decent options for door speakers besides cdt??? camaro with monsoon

I bought the whole kee audio basic speaker upgrade close to a year and a half ago for my car. I am pleased with the subs but one of my hatch speakers and one of my door speakers are blown. I really don't care much about the hatch speakers however i would like to get a new set of front speakers especially since imo they weren't quite as loud as i wanted them to be. I know kee audio sells an upgraded model of door speaker but was wondering if there are any other decent ones out there
Old 07-16-2015, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Image Dynamics.. you can never go wrong with them!
Old 07-18-2015, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Infinity
Old 07-18-2015, 03:52 AM
12 Second Club

You guys do realize the monsoon speakers are a 6.5" inch speaker with a tweeter they aren't regular coax speakers right? That's why im asking this question can't just buy regular coax speakers unless i wanna lose the tweeter plus the factory amp won't work well with just any speaker
Old 07-19-2015, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I have some Pioneers in my front doors and they work fine.. I just didnt hook up the factory tweeter wires

I also have the monsoon system
Old 07-19-2015, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Well just look for component speakers that can be coaxially mounted, I know there are several brands out there capable of that, alternatively you could mount the tweeter higher in one these http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=260 or by locating a good spot and drilling a hole in the door panel to locate the tweeter higher at which point ANY component becomes an option.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:07 AM
12 Second Club

I guess i need to be more specific, i already know regular coax speakers will work i also know i could run a tweeter seperately. Basically i want something like i already have with the cdt's which have the tweeter mounted on the speaker i just want them to be louder. I know kee audio sells another model of cdt speaker which is better but just trying to see if there is something similar out there.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
I guess i need to be more specific, i already know regular coax speakers will work i also know i could run a tweeter seperately. Basically i want something like i already have with the cdt's which have the tweeter mounted on the speaker i just want them to be louder. I know kee audio sells another model of cdt speaker which is better but just trying to see if there is something similar out there.
Perhaps my last post was not clear, JUST A FIND A SET OF COMPONETS THAT LIST THEM AS BEING ABLE TO BE COAXIALLY MOUNTED TWEETERS.

a few examples of these are:
Kicker 41KSS654
Kicker 41KSS674

there are more you just have to go looking for which models have that capacity, this is what the CDT speakers do, which is why they are marketed to you camaro guys, I was just giving you options that opened you up to a MUCH MUCH wider selection of components, because I would NEVER suggest anyone hook up a normal coaxial speaker in place of a component setup like these other guys did.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:02 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The suggestion of Image Dynamics by fspeedster also fits the coaxially mounted component set requirement but they are quite expensive (starting at $200 and going way up from there) and you would have to check the clearance because they mount the tweeter so that it sticks out in front of the woofer basket.

Memphis also makes what they call "synchronous" components which are the same thing - tweeter mounts in the center - and in similar price ranges.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
Perhaps my last post was not clear, JUST A FIND A SET OF COMPONETS THAT LIST THEM AS BEING ABLE TO BE COAXIALLY MOUNTED TWEETERS.

a few examples of these are:
Kicker 41KSS654
Kicker 41KSS674

there are more you just have to go looking for which models have that capacity, this is what the CDT speakers do, which is why they are marketed to you camaro guys, I was just giving you options that opened you up to a MUCH MUCH wider selection of components, because I would NEVER suggest anyone hook up a normal coaxial speaker in place of a component setup like these other guys did.
Thanks for the suggestions...i have looked but haven't been able to find to many convertible style speakers. Maybe some of them are but just don't say it to often in the description
Old 07-20-2015, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The suggestion of Image Dynamics by fspeedster also fits the coaxially mounted component set requirement but they are quite expensive (starting at $200 and going way up from there) and you would have to check the clearance because they mount the tweeter so that it sticks out in front of the woofer basket.

Memphis also makes what they call "synchronous" components which are the same thing - tweeter mounts in the center - and in similar price ranges.
Thanks for the suggestion i will have to look into them

Quick Reply: any decent options for door speakers besides cdt??? camaro with monsoon