Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Trouble getting any response from vendors

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 04:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble getting any response from vendors

Kee and DoubleD specifically. Although they mention email is the fastest way to get in touch I've contacted both about one of there speaker kits.
Money in hand but no response from either in over a week. Are they still active vendors on the board? Or maybe to busy don't really need the sale?
Anymore stereo dealers carry the full speaker upgrade for the '95 Trans Am?
Thanks
Old 09-27-2015, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Smoove
Kee and DoubleD specifically. Although they mention email is the fastest way to get in touch I've contacted both about one of there speaker kits.
Money in hand but no response from either in over a week. Are they still active vendors on the board? Or maybe to busy don't really need the sale?
Anymore stereo dealers carry the full speaker upgrade for the '95 Trans Am?
Thanks
Same here with Kee. Phone, facebook, nothing.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by moneypit00
Same here with Kee. Phone, facebook, nothing.
I think u have to remember, these are lil small mom and pop vendors and the 4th gen fbody market is shrinking every day, these people have real day jobs they go to, however I cannot answer the lack of communication in this day and age of electronics.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:06 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Money in hand but no response from either in over a week.
You gotta remember, generally, that this way of doing business died with the milkman.

Anyone who survived that era and still talks to customers before taking their cash, is getting systematically monopolized (and put out of business) by Amazon.com.

Stereos and Electronics lives in the world of Uber, cocktails on airline flights, and now pizza delivery. Money first and service later.

Our vendors experience the same issues that Best Buy and other retailers struggle with. Huge numbers of people take advantage of their knowledge and excellent service and then they go elsewhere. (to places with no service and robots roaming the hallways)

You will not find many people who have had issues with these vendors after placing actual orders. If you have questions, you can search this site or ask members here. 99.99% of the questions you can ask have already been answered on this site by our vendors or their customers.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

I hear what you guys are saying. Thanks for the input and advice.
Someone posted that Ian was selling the kits on Amazon. If that link could be posted it would be appreciated. I cannot find his kits anywhere on Amazon.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Teching In

I texted Ian and he got back to me pretty quickly. I asked him about me picking up the equipment because I am "local" but apparently the stuff ships straight from Cali. I ordered yesterday and he said I should receive the Stage 3 kit by Tuesday of next week. Can't wait!
Old 10-07-2015, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

It's cool. Great for the guys who did hear back. He seems busy so I just went with Crutchfield. As long as we all are happy in the end
Old 10-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Save the manuals!

It's cool. Great for the guys who did hear back. He seems busy so I just went with Crutchfield. As long as we all are happy in the end
Good luck with what they are about to send you...
Old 10-07-2015, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wssix99
Good luck with what they are about to send you...
Thanks. I got a complete upgrade. Head unit, speakers, subs and 2 amps. She should be rockin when it's done
Old 10-08-2015, 01:06 AM
Save the manuals!

I got a complete upgrade.
Yep. That's the only way they can "help" us. They can't sell components that fit our car, so you have to replace everything all at once.

She should be rockin when it's done
They probably wouldn't be in business if they were to tell you that it would sound like a grandmother's mini van. (If it does, or not.)
Old 10-08-2015, 06:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wssix99
Yep. That's the only way they can "help" us. They can't sell components that fit our car, so you have to replace everything all at once.

They probably wouldn't be in business if they were to tell you that it would sound like a grandmother's mini van. (If it does, or not.)
So not a fan I take it. It's cool.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Save the manuals!

So not a fan I take it. It's cool.
It's not that, so much. I've purchased lots of gear from them for other cars. For F bodies, I don't particularly care for their bait-and-switch marketing of parts and comparability. (You try to buy a part and their web site directs you to an operator who forces you in to a much larger system/sale.)

They have burned a lot of our members because they can't sell us many useful parts that are compatible with our stock system. In many situations, in order to get a needed part or a replacement of a substandard stock part from Crutchfield -> you have to replace every component of the system. Head, amp, speakers, etc.

The vendors here sell parts that will work with stock components, some of which are just fine, or are desirable for a stock look to the car.

It doesn't happen so much any more these days, (we could probably speculate endlessly on why) but several years ago wed get people ordering a speaker from them, etc. only to discover that it would not work when it got to them in the mail, etc.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Well I hope I have good luck then. I have an installer who works for a local Audio shop that's going to do my install. I sent him my list and he thought it looked good. At least it was half the price the shop wanted to charge me , which is of course appealing.

It's a complete interior makeover so when I post the before/after pics hopefully the stereo won't be a thing I'm disappointed in.

Quick Reply: Trouble getting any response from vendors