Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Throttle guage on A pillar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Throttle guage on A pillar?

I'm thinking of getting a pillar for my WS.6, it's a NA car and I know I want to put in 3 gauges, I'm definitely putting in a working thermostat possibly digital, the 2nd one will be A/F and the 3rd I was wondering if it's possible to show my throttle read out on a digital gauge just for kicks. be kind off cool to show 100% throttle when your flooring it. So is this possible? Has anyone done this before?
Old 06-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Launching!

What's up?
From what I've read, the A/F gauge is pretty, but basically useless. I think that there a few more useful gauges out there, possibly a good oil pressure gauge, fuel pressure, oil temp(?) but I think you can wire a toggle switch with two senders for an oil/water temp gauge.

However, I wouldn't doubt that using OBDII data you could pull the throttle position then display on a simple LCD gauge. The only thing is, I doubt Dakota Digital sells a gauge that you can tap into, you might need to fabricate your own with an LCD controller or something.

If you added a nitrous kit, the gauge pillar would be very useful for Nitrous Pressure, Fuel Pressure, etc.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

No I’m not going to go the nitrous route, I’m going to go NA, with cam, heads, and gears. I don't want to bother with the juice. I would of thought many people in hear would have a throttle position gauge but guess not. Maybe I’ll just go with the 2 gauge pillar. 1. Engine Temp 2. A/F (maybe something different).
Old 06-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Launching!

If you are doing a gauge pillar, I'd go for the triple gauge one. The double pod looks unfinished IMO.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

Do you have an aftermarket sound system PFDarkside? Some day I want to upgrade. I have a custom sub box for our cars just getting all the Performance stuff out of the way before I boost the tunes
Old 06-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Yes and no. I have all the speakers/subs/box/amp/wires.... I just need the H/U. I'm thinking the Pioneer DEH-8600MP.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PFDarkside
Yes and no. I have all the speakers/subs/box/amp/wires.... I just need the H/U. I'm thinking the Pioneer DEH-8600MP.

I didn't know we can do subss, and an amp with the orginal HU? I actually like the orginal HU, probably wont change that if I don't have to, I like the manual levels.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Launching!

No, when I said "Yes and No" I meant it's all sitting in my bedroom on the floor, doing me no good at all. You can technically hook it all up with two line level converters and retain the stock H/U, but mine is already starting to error on some CDs and it skips after about a half hour of continous play. I know what you are saying, though. I like the indvidual EQ sliders, especially with MP3 mixes that range from no bass to overpowering bass.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

I have A/f ratio guage, and tranny. If i felt like shelling out 200 for a fuel pressure i would.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Im hooking up an A/F moniter on my 1999 Trans Am and was wondering which wire do I hook up on the 02 sensor to the A/F monitor.Also Im hooking up a Fuel Pressure Guage on my fuel rail where the Schrader valve is and was wondering what fitting I needed to plumb the 1/8 NPT fuel pressure sending unit to fuel rail?Thanks