Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Where To Wire My Radar Detector

Old 06-17-2004, 01:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where To Wire My Radar Detector

Im sick of the wire hanging down to the cig lighter(detector above the rearview)..I ran the wire up threw the headliner..and i figured id wire it right into the fuse panel. Well i cut the wire for the detector and it ended up being to smaller wires inside..Red/White...Where can i wire this in at? I dont want it on all the time..im gonna want it to turn off after the cars off etc..thanks for any help.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:11 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Tap into the empty connector on the fuse panel labelled IGN with the red wire. Run the other wire to a good ground such as one of the bolts under the dash. Double check with a test light or multimeter that the inside of the connector that plugs into the detector has power and the outside has ground (to avoid reverse polarity).

Now your radar detector will go on and off with the ignition switch.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Tap into the empty connector on the fuse panel labelled IGN with the red wire. Run the other wire to a good ground such as one of the bolts under the dash. Double check with a test light or multimeter that the inside of the connector that plugs into the detector has power and the outside has ground (to avoid reverse polarity).

Now your radar detector will go on and off with the ignition switch.
Thanks! Ran the ground to the radio ground..all is good!

Search this Thread