Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Windows and radio going out together?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 01:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Windows and radio going out together?

(99 z28) for some reason now that it's getting into summer the windows and radio stop working together, when the weather is cold it works, anybody got ideas?
Old 03-28-2017, 06:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I believe its a bcm problem from when I looked it up when my car started doing it. Never had to really fix mine though as I found something that worked for me every time without fail. When they would go out depending on where my drivers window was up or down I'd just hold down the opposite direction on the window control and slap down on the center of the dash right above the vents. Doesnt have to be real hard just enough to jiggle the bcm. Been that way for 5+ years now, if I had to do it every time I drove the car I'd prob fix it right but its at most once a week when I drive that car. There is write ups on this forum about fixing it though if you search.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It is in the sticky but it is the BCM. Take it out of the car, resolder the joints on the one relay, done.

Quick Reply: Windows and radio going out together?