Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

monsoon stereo started sounding like crap! help me.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monsoon stereo started sounding like crap! help me.

On monday my 500 watt completly stock monsoon system began sounding like a$$. All the speakers are working, but 2 directly behind the front seats sound really bad, and so do the rear most speakers. I dont know how the monsoon amp works, or what speakers it powers.

I am assuming the amp powers all but the door speakers? Correct? If so the I think my amp has died on me. Is this normal, I dont think all my speakers would conk out on me at the same time, so I think the amp is the culpret.

First off should I try to get a used monsoon, new monsoon, or aftermarket? that is if the amp is the problem. Help me out fellas I need my stereo back asap.

Fry
Old 06-30-2004, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

well it turns out one of my subs behind the front seats is blown, wont work at all...and the other one sounds like *** too.

How many speakers are there in the monsoon 500 watt system. I have the two subs behind the front seats, the two hatch speakers (with another mount for a smaller speaker, and the front speakers...One problem I cant get the front covers off so I dont know whats in there?

Some one help me cuz I know I just need to replace the subs but I midaswell replace the others while I am at it.

Fry
Old 06-30-2004, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

It's all right here: http://www.houston-f-body.org/tech/monsoon/ and http://www.fbodyaudio.com/articlevie...4thgenfaq.tech