Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Fog light troubles..

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fog light troubles..

Well, I posted this on my local boards, but wanted to try it on the national board to see if I can get more input.

I have been having problems trying to get my fog lights to work. All the fuses are good, and the relay appears to be fine as well. The bulbs are brand new. Sorry about the crappy drawing, I just did it up real quick. If I am correct, I should only have 1 ground correct? For some reason I am getting 2 ground readings. First of all, I need to know wich "grounded" prong is supposed to go to the fog lamps, 85 or 86? Next, lets assume that the 85 or 86 goes to the foglamps and is supposed to have power to it, but is somehow grounded because of a melted or sheared wire touching metal. Now then, if that was the case, wouldnt I blow a fuse somewhere once I gave it 12V ? Can someone tell me wich one is supposed to be ground? TIA

Old 07-19-2004, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind, Taken care of.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:06 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the foglight sockets on the 4th gen T/As have a bad habit of getting melty , burned and black , seen this happen several different times , a little anti-corrosion/ weather proofing white grease would help a lot .