Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

i need serious electrical help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need serious electrical help please

as usual, my brand new sub/amp didn't work out, started giving me serious distortion issues, so i had no idea why the buzz was so apparent, but i just decided to take the amp out and take it back.

i took the fuse out of the main power wire. i took the rest of the wires off the amp and let them hang free. i went to best buy and i hit a big pothole along the way, then my stereo went blank, and the theftlock light started blinking on. i got out, and looked in my trunk. the remote wire had touched the ground wire. i thought maybe i blew something, but didn't know.

i could press the hr or mn buttons on the stereo, and the clock came on, and my cd was spit out to me, but no power. no other button on the system worked. i turn my key back towards me, and my seat belt light blinked twice and my car beeped twice at me (like if you hit your lock button twice when the key is in).

i have no idea what happened or how to fix it. does anyone have any suggestions? i just want my stereo back
Old 07-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffluck
as usual, my brand new sub/amp didn't work out, started giving me serious distortion issues, so i had no idea why the buzz was so apparent, but i just decided to take the amp out and take it back.

i took the fuse out of the main power wire. i took the rest of the wires off the amp and let them hang free. i went to best buy and i hit a big pothole along the way, then my stereo went blank, and the theftlock light started blinking on. i got out, and looked in my trunk. the remote wire had touched the ground wire. i thought maybe i blew something, but didn't know.

i could press the hr or mn buttons on the stereo, and the clock came on, and my cd was spit out to me, but no power. no other button on the system worked. i turn my key back towards me, and my seat belt light blinked twice and my car beeped twice at me (like if you hit your lock button twice when the key is in).

i have no idea what happened or how to fix it. does anyone have any suggestions? i just want my stereo back
fix my tranny asssholezz