Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alarm Issue after heavy Rain

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Alarm Issue after heavy Rain

Since the heavy rain yesterday, my car will not stop honking after I use the remote to lock the doors. It will honk twice at the initial locking, then honk twice about every 4 seconds after that. I am assuming water has entered the alarm brain? Anyone had this problem?

Blake
Old 07-31-2004, 02:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xssive
Since the heavy rain yesterday, my car will not stop honking after I use the remote to lock the doors. It will honk twice at the initial locking, then honk twice about every 4 seconds after that. I am assuming water has entered the alarm brain? Anyone had this problem?

Blake
i had a similar problem on my 96 v6 before. the alarm use to freak when it rained... it continually got worse until i couldn't even start my car at times. they had to replace the Body Control Module (aka BCM) and in mine, the shock sensor was bad as well...

this also means reprogramming your key FOBs....
Old 08-12-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had this problem with mine to it will quit once it drys out. To fix this take the spare tire cover off on the passenger side in the hatch. There will be a black box mounted to the wheel well "this is your shock sensor" just unplug the harness that connects to the box. All this does is disable your alarm and your keyless entry and everything will still work. Give it about a day or two so it will dry out. Then plug it back up and see if it still honks at you. Also cleaning your inner fenders will cause this to.