Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What all parts make up a Monsoon System

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What all parts make up a Monsoon System

The factory stereo in my 01 Vette just sucks. I remember my 00 Ram Air TA had a kick *** stereo in it. It was the Monsoon 10 speaker system. I would like to put one of those in my vette. I am not sure what all makes up the system. The one that is in my vette now is a Bose system. It is my understanding that with it you have a head unit, that I simply call the stereo, and each of the speakers has an amp. What all does the factory Ram Air system have as far as components. Is there a seperate amp? A seperate sub woofer? What will I need to buy to get the monsoon system in my vette? Also, if someone already has what I need ripped out and replaced and you want to sell your system, let me know.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

The Monsoon system in a Trans Am is made up of the headunit, 1 set of 6.5" components for teh front (Tweeter and woofer), 1 set of 4" components in the back, and 1 set of 6.5" Subwoofers which go in the sail panels. Theres also an Amplifier in the spare tire well and an extensive amount of wiring. That said, you'll have a real hard time integrating it into your Vette. The speakers on the vette are different sizes, theres not as much room, plus you're gonna have to do a ton of wiring. Youre MUCH better off as its much more cost effective to go aftermarket, and you'll have better sound with less of a headache.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader
The Monsoon system in a Trans Am is made up of the headunit, 1 set of 6.5" components for teh front (Tweeter and woofer), 1 set of 4" components in the back, and 1 set of 6.5" Subwoofers which go in the sail panels. Theres also an Amplifier in the spare tire well and an extensive amount of wiring. That said, you'll have a real hard time integrating it into your Vette. The speakers on the vette are different sizes, theres not as much room, plus you're gonna have to do a ton of wiring. Youre MUCH better off as its much more cost effective to go aftermarket, and you'll have better sound with less of a headache.
Rogue, thanks. that is what I was looking for and afraid of. I knew their had to be an amp in their somewhere!

Thanks again.