Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

stereo system for a 02 ws6 TA

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stereo system for a 02 ws6 TA

I just wondered if its possible to add an amp and subs to the stock monsoon headunit. I like the way it sounds know as far as the speakers go but want the bass back. Would you suggest 12's or 10's and also will the bass overpower and drown out the rest of the sound from the other speakers or not, if so should I go ahead and replace the other speakers. After I get the system done then I plan on adding a in dash dvd player but the speakers are all for now.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nvrstsfd23
I just wondered if its possible to add an amp and subs to the stock monsoon headunit. I like the way it sounds know as far as the speakers go but want the bass back. Would you suggest 12's or 10's and also will the bass overpower and drown out the rest of the sound from the other speakers or not, if so should I go ahead and replace the other speakers. After I get the system done then I plan on adding a in dash dvd player but the speakers are all for now.

I was told by my local car stereo that you can add an amp and subs to the stock headunit. I was going to have the rear seat subs replaced the 6.5". They were going to stick the JL's that everyone talks about in there. But they said they would be underpowered because of the dual vc resistance and that they would not be louder but they would be clearer, which I figured. They said that I could get an amp to push them harder, but it would probably for the cost, not be worth it, because I would be pretty close in the price range of getting an amp and a 10" stealth box. Too bad Moonson doesn't make high quality replacement speakers for those 6.5"s.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

I added an amp and two 12s to the stock monsoon. it sounds goona and you can still hear the other components
Old 08-24-2004, 08:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Interesting thread, as I just picked up an '01 WS6 T/A (sold my racecar), and I want to add an amp/sub to the stock Monsoon system also...

How is everyone else wiring in the amp? Where is a good source for the "stealth" boxes?

Thanks!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

subthump.com has some and you can wire the amp to your stock headunit with a pac oem 1 wiring harness or a line out converter
Old 08-26-2004, 08:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Launching!

in my 2000 ss when i got it there were a set of high to low level converters prewired in the back in the spare tire well. it looks pretty cleanly wired so it almost appears to have come factory this way. did any monsoons come like that or is that done aftermarket by someone else?