Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Car Wont Start, PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wont Start, PLEASE HELP!

O.k. - Here's the deal. I ran a search on ALARM/NO START/ etc.. Read Up on a bunch of stuff, however my problem still remains unsolved. It rained pretty heavy today while i was driving home, parked it in the garage 3 hours later tried to go out again, and tried to start the car... nothing. Went through the logical steps of the battery being dead , jumper pack, jumpstart from another car. No dice..... Now, some things that i've noticed:

1.) Open a door and the Alarm LED on the top of the dash goes apeshit.
2.) Close the door, LED back to the normal pace.
3.) Attempt using the key fob to unlock/lock does nothing except for a.) Set that little LED off on its crazy spree. or b.) Make a Single click noise from under the passenger side dash every time you hit a button.
4.) If i Flip the Line lock switch, LED goes nuts, and that click noise goes berzerk.
5.) If i get in, close the doors the LED is normal... try to start the car, it goes crazy, and the only light that comes on in the entire vehicle is the air bag light, and just recently the service engine soon light.
6.) Using the key fob, does not make the horn beep to confirm activation or jack ****.
7.) There are no shorts in the line lock
8.) Tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery - **** outta luck
9.) Tried unplugging the shock sensor - didnt do crap.
10.) Tried drying the shock sensor... wasnt wet, tried to dry it anyway.
11.) If light is going apeshit, put foot on brake... stops going apeshit.-->
12.) Tried cleaning the connectors on the key... nothin, tried using spare key, nothin

What The Hell is Wrong with my car!! HELP!!!
Old 08-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Hey if its an aftermarket alarm that has a seperate relay for starter interrupt then all you have to do is disconnect the alarm brain and the car should start. If it does then you either need to send it in to get checked out or buy a new one. Hope this helps........
Old 08-21-2004, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for your help , but its the factory alarm ;( ... i cant figure this out for the life of me! l
Old 08-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

I am not sure but doesnt the car have a fuse for security? Maybe try pulling that then try to start or to reset power to factory alarm??????? Just a thought...
Old 08-21-2004, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

yeah ill have ot check a fuse, its just weird that im sorta getting power to that stuff, but the interior lights and stuff dont even come on, idk its just retarded ... have to try that anyway though its worth a shot , thanks for tryin to help me i appreciate it.=)