Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

LED flashers

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED flashers

Hey guys! i have decided to go with LED front turn signals. But i heard that u have to change out ur thermal flasher with an electric flasher. Any one know how to do this? i cant seem to find out what part i replace. If anyone has done this before please help!!!!
Thanks.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

You need to buy 2 Trident EL-12 Electronic Flasheres (one for hazards and one for L/R signals). The flashers are located to the right of the steering column, behind the "shin" panel under the steering wheel.

BTW, search is your friend:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/205916-trying-replace-right-side-el12-but-cant-find-help.html
(This is just one of many threads)
Old 09-17-2004, 07:41 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The hazard flasher is on the left side of the steering column and the turn signal flasher is on the right side. You may be able to get away with just a new turn signal flasher because the hazard flasher will likely still work with the current draw from both rear lights.

What you need is a 2-prong electronic flasher. Electronic flashers provide a constant flash rate regardless of how much current is being drawn by the bulbs (LEDs draw far less current than bulbs). It is a simple plug-in replacement and you can get it at any auto supply store.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys