Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need Help Finding A Good Alarm System

Old 09-24-2004, 05:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Finding A Good Alarm System

I am in search of the best alarm system out there. Right now I am looking at the new Viper GPS Tracking system. The only thing is I was wondering if that is just a tracking system or also an actual alarm. But what do you guys think. I am trying to find the best and best price for it. I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
The Demond
Old 09-24-2004, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

For the most part All alarms are about the same starter disable, and a loud siren! The better alarms have more out puts on it and the top alarms have a 2way remote!
Now as for the GPS, it is sweet but is a other part all together I think it may work with other alarms as I have seen it! So to answer your question the GPS also needs the alarm part!

I will put in a Viper 2way with GPS when I get the dash back in
Old 09-25-2004, 10:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Not to hijack the thread but what's involved in order to install an aftermarket alarm into our cars that come with the factory alarm system?
Old 09-26-2004, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mustang5.Ohater
Not to hijack the thread but what's involved in order to install an aftermarket alarm into our cars that come with the factory alarm system?

Factory alarms usually consist of a relay and 6 wires Ttapped to your ign harness. They are nothing to disable.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Camaro and firebirds are super easy! For a Aftermarket alarm w/starter disable! there are 3 wires positive, negitive, starter wire! there are more for locks windows ect... but simple as I am rewiring my whole car I will wire the main alarm wires in stock wire harness and tape it all Not even the dealer will know!

Search this Thread