Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Hellllppp!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 03:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hellllppp!!!!

This is electonic forum, well, i have a problem When I need to use my rear window defrost in the am, Ill turn it on no problem right? Well, after like 1 or 2 min it will shut off, and wont come back on for like 5 min... I can push it all I want and it wont come on for 5 min, and this happens each time. Then i guess it resets after 5 min, then i can turn it on for 1 to 2 min again what the ****!!!! I dont know whats wrong tell me what to do pleeeeease!!! tHANKS.

Last edited by Pinoyracer_18; 09-25-2004 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Well the rear defroster has a heat protection circuit to keep you from burning it up thats why you cant turn it back on right away. Your gonna need to check the circuit that the rear defroster is on to check for shorts.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:45 AM
STF Veteran

The rear defroster also is fed its power via a circuit breaker that's thermally tripped. A lot of people replace the c/b with a fuse and that alleviates the problem. You'll find the c/b in the fuse panel by the drivers door.