Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Necessity of buying an amp rack?

Old 10-03-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Necessity of buying an amp rack?

Is it really necessary that i buy an amp rack or are they pretty easy to build yourself?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:18 AM
Launching!

depends on how handy you are I wouldld recommend securing you amps definetly.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

I would try to build one yourself. It's a lot cheaper plus you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

If your amp isn't going to be pushed too hard or get very hot, you could do something like I did. I built a small amp rack that piggybacks onto my spare tire. My amp is slim enough that the spare cover can go back on without touching my amp. It isn't pretty, but it is covered up so it doesn't matter. Just make sure you leave yourself enough slack wire so you can set it out of the way when accessing your spare. With my amp hidden there, and my sub in my driver's side cubby, I have a totally stealth system and can still store my t-tops in the rear.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool, i have heard a lot of people secure it to where the back lights are is that hard to do or do i need to construct something over it?
Old 10-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Teching In

That's what I did. I followed these instructions I found online.
http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/133032/5
It only took some plywood and carpet I had lying around, and about $10 worth of hardware. Most of the info you need is there, but there's some stuff I had to figure out myself. Wasn't too hard. Only problem is you have to take the amps off if you want to remove it.

Search this Thread