Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

megabass!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default megabass!

i have your 10" pssngr side box and want to enlarge it to 12". the problem i'm forseeing is that i won't be able to cut the wood out correctly. it seems that the wood you used for the side pieces intersect the wood that i would need to cut, and therefore i would need to cut through the side wood panels as well. you said in a post that the center points were the same, but if that's the case, the side panels would definitely have to be cut in addition to the main portion to be cut. i could use some help on this operation as well.

the real question is: do you think i actually will get a better sound from using a 12" instead of a 10"? i just don't know, although i am thinking the 12" upgrade would make the whole thing worth the trouble. thoughts?
Old 10-05-2004, 03:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess this wasnt directed at me but..... is the box sealed?, having a proper size box for the right speaker is key to making it sound good, what kind of speaker do you have?, you might be better off getting a high quality 10" w/ the right amount of air space rather than just a bigger speaker and no enough air space...
Old 10-05-2004, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Assassin
I guess this wasnt directed at me but..... is the box sealed?, having a proper size box for the right speaker is key to making it sound good, what kind of speaker do you have?, you might be better off getting a high quality 10" w/ the right amount of air space rather than just a bigger speaker and no enough air space...

VERY VERY TRUE! I have 1 MTX 10" 8000 series sub in a pretty big box wich takes up my whole t-top lock spot, but, its so loud that most people assume i have 2 12's. Its all about the right sub in the right box with the proper amount of power. IMOP those side boxes for camaros dont give you enough air space to have any kind of a really good sub. also MTX POUNDS! replace your old 10" sub with an mtx 8000 10" with about 400-600 watts and youll never regret it.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

I e-mailed ya back bro. Basically the same as what these guys said