Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Radar detector story..$290 ticket

Old 10-20-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radar detector story..$290 ticket

I went to pick up a ladie friend of mine about a week ago and on the way there my old *** cobra picked up numerous policia speed traps and even a laser... On the way back I decided to go a different way and yet again it caught a couple coppers hiding in the darkness... Well there's this two way road about 5 miles long that sees hardly any traffic that we always race down called 419 and no one has ever seen a cop even drive down it... when she said let me see what this thing has got I had no problem dropping into second and pushing her head through the seat... 100...120...140 "what the f***?!" a silver Crown Vic on the side of the road about half a mile up... I slam on my brakes and get lit the **** up as I pass him around 70mph...
"That thing has pretty good brakes son"
"It has an even nicer 4th gear you should try it out"
"Maybe you should take it out... license, registration, and proof of insurance"
::I hand him everything and he goes to his car and comes back::
"That handy little radar detector can't save you all the time espically with my new rear mounted antenna"
::then he went through all the unlawful speed blah blah blah I got you going 91 god knows how fast you were going... you have people in this car that you are responsible for just keep that in mind::
91 in a 55 ended up coming out to $290.80 something and for those who said I would have just kept going... good thing I didn't there was yet another Copper at the end of the road with a Laser... which my Cobra picked up.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Damn that sucks!! Guess they figured out people didn't think they were there!!

I have a better Radar detector ticket story for you. About 4 years ago I was getting onto the hwy and passed a 95 GT. I blew passed him and jumped into the left lane. Went around some traffic and started crusing at about 90 in a 55 (most do around 80 on this road, this day was no different), I had noticed that the gt started pacing me. I then got stuck in some traffic, and the GT got caught about 3 cars back from me. 10 miles down the road I jump off at my exit and 5 cars back the Gt jumped out, flew up on my butt and boom, blue lights in the headlights and fog lights. Turns out he was a ABC officer in a undercover sting type car with no hint of him being a cop anywhere on the car except a little radio in the center infront of the shifter (yea, I got to see the inside of the car lol). He wrote me a reckless for 95 in a 55 and the radar detector never went off!!
Old 10-20-2004, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

holy ****! the gt story sucks, and the other too. good thing he didn't get you going 140, or you would not have a license at the current.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Man your lucky you didnt go to jail, that would have been alot more. That does suck though. Radar detectors cant detect all cops. Some wait till the are right up on you to hit you.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:54 PM
TECH Junkie

thats cheap, good thing u weren't in louisiana. i got a 200 ticket for 15 over on the interstate. also, here 20 over is attempted vehicular manslaughter, altought it isn't often enforced.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

That sucks. That those miles over speed limit would have costed you more in TX.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Unhappy

Originally Posted by EviLS1
...91 in a 55 ended up coming out to $290.80...
Bummer. Hopefully you won't have any insurance nightmares from this...
Old 10-22-2004, 10:37 AM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by FirehawkNS
He wrote me a reckless for 95 in a 55 and the radar detector never went off!!
he was probably pacing you. thats how i almost got a ticket but i talked my way out of it. cop was riding my ***, so i speed up (stupid i know) but i just got the car and didnt like some guy that close to it! i couldn't even see his headlights. radar detector didnt go off because he never radared me, he just paced me.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Phoenix57
thats cheap, good thing u weren't in louisiana. i got a 200 ticket for 15 over on the interstate. also, here 20 over is attempted vehicular manslaughter, altought it isn't often enforced.
In South Dakota 50 over is attempted vehicular manslaughter. Thats nice since my friends '68 Camaro will do 150 easy. Doesnt get that high to often though.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FutureFbodowner
In South Dakota 50 over is attempted vehicular manslaughter. Thats nice since my friends '68 Camaro will do 150 easy. Doesnt get that high to often though.
Here in texas its 30

Search this Thread